Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We can learn a lot of things from the flowers

One of the best parts of this long weekend vacation was wandering around Golden Gate park on a brisk grey Sunday.  We sold our Treasure Island day 2 tickets and opted for lazy walks through the park, down Haight street, eating It's-It ice cream sandwhichs (HIGHLY recommended), and laughing about the craziness that ensued the day before.

Stumbling upon the Conservatory of Flowers, I felt like Alice in Wonderland.  The actual building was closed, but the view from the outside was still majestic:


Here are a couple of pictures from one of the dreamy outdoor garden areas.... not sure what they are called.  Most were Mums and Dahlias (I think).  Each one was "my favorite" until I would lay eyes on the next one. 

Love the water dew drops resting in the conical petals.

The gradation of color seems like a surrealist painting.

The vibrancy of red is classic and unrivaled.

I'll stop at three pictures of flowers as not to bore you. 

In other news, I did learn, and it was confirmed, that bison can be seen at Golden Gate Park.  I have made it my personal mission to see them the next time I am in town.  If you don't beleive me, click here.

This further proves that San Francisco becomes cooler and cooler with every visit.  We can learn a lot of things from the bison.

No comments:

Post a Comment